Support for spin-out and start-up companies
As a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, we can assist university spin-out companies and other technology-led companies with company formation, financial planning, payroll and accounting services.
This core level of support can be supplemented as appropriate with a range of associated services such as:[list] [list_item icon=”zoom-in”]Advice on grant applications and identification of external funding;[/list_item] [list_item icon=”zoom-in”]Project management of collaborative research projects;[/list_item] [list_item icon=”zoom-in”]Company secretarial service.[/list_item] [/list] [/one_half_last]
[box style=”1″] [one_half]
Business process analysis and redesign
The successful delivery of research is dependent on a broad range of administrative processes that can cut across research support, finance, human resources, libraries, information services and estates functions.[/one_half]
We can work with your organisation to map and assess your existing research support processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and enhance these.[/one_half_last][/box]
Research organisations typically rely on a patchwork of research management systems that are poorly integrated and have been developed on an ad-hoc basis in response to external policy drivers. Low levels of historic investment in research systems frequently contribute to inefficiencies and frustrations amongst end users, inhibiting successful delivery of research.
- Work with your organisation to assess your research support systems against organisational requirements, and develop a roadmap for future developments.
- Support you in preparing business cases and building consensus across the organisation in order to secure the investment required to deliver change.
- Advise on the project management and implementation of new research systems, with a particular focus on Unit 4’s research management and administration systems (Agresso Costing and Pricing, Agresso Award Management and Agresso BusinessWorld).
[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Research performance reporting”]
Many organisations are conscious of the need to monitor and benchmark their research performance, but lack the information to do so effectively, or find themselves relying solely on financial measures. We can work with research organisations to:
- Develop a balanced set of research performance metrics, drawing on data both internal and external to the organisation;
- Understand and model the impact of research policy and funding changes;
- Analyse organisational research performance.
[/accordion-item] [accordion-item title=”Supporting the transition to Open Access Publishing”]
The move to open access publishing within UK academia presents a broad range of challenges for research funders, institutions, publishers and individual authors and editors. We can assist the different stakeholders involved in the publishing process in adapting to these changes, helping them develop new ways of working that are fit for this rapidly changing environment.
To download our helpsheet for academic institutions on managing the transition to open access please click here, and to view a presentation for publishers on standing out in the academic market please click here.
[iconbox icon=”user” title=”Free, No Obligation Consultation”]Please email us today for further enquires